Friday, October 29, 2010

Dog Shows & Hotels

After a 4-hour, thankfully uneventful, but pretty boring drive to Sioux Falls, SD we arrived at our hotel.  When traveling for dog shows, you tend to keep hotel costs as low as you can stomach without jeopardizing safety, cleanliness & distance from the show site.

That being said, chances are regardless of where you stay, you'll most likely have others from the show also staying there.  Today was no different.

When I went in to check-in, I was in line after my friend Kim (who has Vivi's Bestie Fiona & Bean).  We didn't drive together or anything, but we just happened to arrive at the same time.  As I went to start lugging all my stuff in (Vivi & her kennel first), a nice guest opened the door for Vivi & said, "come on in bulldog!"  Like it was a normal everyday occurrence...and during a dog show weekend...it is.

As I was walking the hall to our room I heard a lot...I mean A LOT of yapping...yapping...yapping...  Can't say that's part of the norm, in fact it's preferred that it doesn't happen...but they're dogs, they yap.  Again, just a normal occurrence during a dog show weekend.

Lastly, I went down to the vending machine to get my beloved Diet Coke & there was a group of people sitting in the lobby talking...what about?  Come on...of course you can guess!  Dogs!!  Not only dogs, but SHOWING dogs! 

These are my kind of people.  I am one of these people.  I am in my element here.  Who would have ever thunk it?  Not me.  When I went to my first ever dog show in 2007, I never thought I'd be sucked into this world like I have.  It's fun.  But you know who I feel sorry for??  Those staying at this hotel who are NOT here for the dog show!  hahahha

2 comments: