Monday, June 4, 2012

How Do I Even Tell You This...

I still don't believe it myself, so I'm having a hard time preparing this post.  But you guys....on Saturday, Vivi WON IN FARGO!!!!  This win gave her the 2nd major win she needed & therefore she earned her AKC Championship!!!  OMG!!!

I don't have any (clear) photos to show you, but I do have a video to share.  It's eleven short videos of our Open Class & Winner's Bitch Class & win.  My awesome friend & travel partner, Kristen, took the videos for me & I'm so very glad to have them...watching them over & over & over again almost makes me believe it!!  Ha!!

On Sunday, I showed Vivi as a "special," meaning since she is now a Champion she is no longer shown in the regular classes, but now in the Best of Breed class.  A few years ago, AKC implemented a Grand Champion title for dogs that have already gotten their Championship....so that's what Vivi could try for next.

For a Grand CH, you need more points & more majors & you have to beat other specials....and on Sunday, Vivi got Best of Opposite (Best of Breed was a boy dog, so the judge needed to select a girl dog in the Best of Breed class--there was the Winner's Bitch, another special girl & Vivi)!  That placement got Vivi a 5 point major towards her Grand Championship!!!  Kinda crazy to think, considering how long it took to get her first & second major for her regular championship!  But we'll take it!  Hahahaha!!

Here is that win photo:
Soon I will give you more details on the entire weekend!!  It was a lot of fun...for more than the obvious reason!  :0)

Hope all of your weekends was just as great as mine!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is going to sound silly, but when I read your post about this show, I just had this feeling she was going to take it!
    She really is gorgeous and it's totally well deserved! Congrats!
    Best of luck if you decide to pursue GC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacki!! I'm so glad you had a feeling! Another friend did as well...she predicted she would win one day & we would win another...and that's exactly what happened!!

      We've done many other majors before & while I had always hoped we do well at the majors, this was really a great way to win!

      Thanks again!!! :0)
      jen

      Delete
  2. Wooooh! Love your reaction in 11!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and Vivi!! She is such a beautiful girl with a great Momma - no wonder you guys are winning! Love reading your posts!

    Stay cool!
    Julie M. :)

    ReplyDelete