Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Seriously!! This is "sew" cute!!!

You guessed it!  Talking about sewing today!  I can't help it!  I'm totally in love with this clutch I made on Friday night. 
It was meant to be a Christmas gift for my goddaughter, but immediately after I finished it, I couldn't part with it!  Turns out, that was meant to be because I used the orange strictly because that was her favorite color...WAS being the key word!  Ha!

But I'm not too heart broken!  I mean hello...I wanted to keep it anyway!  Hahaha!  I love the color combo...but those gathers!!  Uggh!  LOVING!  As you probably guessed, this is my first attempt at adding such a detail to anything I've made.  I've done ruffles before, but haven't quite mastered the technique.  But this clutch...uggh...LOOOVE.  Yay me!

I used this tutorial at Noodlehead for the clutch & the instructions were great!  I did my own spin on a few touches on the clutch, but overall it's her tutorial.  Did I mention how much I LOOOOVE it??  One fun fact on this clutch...the zipper is older than me!  This past summer I embraced thrift stores for sewing notions & fabric!  It's amazing at what you'll score!!!  $0.49 for that vintage beauty!! 

Aww...look!  Still sew cute while at work too!!

Oh & no worries...my goddaughter will still get something...it just won't be orange!  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment