Sunday, September 5, 2010

Great Minnesota Get Together

So Labor Day ends the 12-day stint of the Great Minnesota Get Together.  What's the Great Minnesota Get Together you ask?  Why our state fair of course.  I've always been a huge fan of the state fair & think we have the BEST one in the country...sure, sure, I've only ever gone to one other (Texas)...but hands down ours won!

This year I only made it to the fair 1 (GASP!) day; but it was fun & today I'm going to show you some photos of the fair & how bulldogs are incorporated to even my fair going!!

Ahhh such a fun sight!
You have to visit the farm animals when you're at the fair!
Baby farm animals are born everyday at the fair!  This baby was only a couple hours old!
You also have to eat foods you'd only eat (& pay those crazy prices for) once a year!

In addition to the foods & animals there are always some politicians at the fair.  This year one politician had a HUGE inflatable Vivi on top of her stand!  Of course I had to take a photo...or two.
You also have to go with friends who enjoy going & having fun like you do!  Mary (not Bulldog Mary, but St Bernards--both dog & school--Mary) & I go every year on the first day of the fair...it's the cleanest!
This year, it was super duper nice out on the first day & it seemed no one in Minnesota was working...they were all at the state fair!  Just a regular random Thursday afternoon!  Fun, fun, fun!
Another part of the fair you have to look at are the giant pumpkins!  This one was over 1,000 lbs!  CRAZY!
To prove bulldogs are the universal symbol of all things good:
Lastly, my treasure purchase from the fair this year...
He's a cast iron bulldog figurine that I got for under $10 at the Bazaar (shopping section of the fair).  He's awesome!  Had I been thinking, I would have gotten 2...one for me, one for next year's specialty show auction!  Oh well...

I hope all of you enjoyed the Minnesota State Fair 2010 highlights...until next year...
(Butterhead of Princess Kay of the Milky Way....no lie)

3 comments:

  1. That is a great line and so true - Bulldogs ARE the universal symbol of all things good! I'm going tomorrow and leaving hubby home for puppy duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the 2010 Minnesota Fair highlights--it's the closest I'll get this year. :0(

    Mary, bulldog mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, the Minnesota State Fair is the best (so my sister says)! Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete