Friday, November 12, 2010

Awesome People for an PAWSOME Cause

I'm THRILLED to share the following with you!  It just proves once again how great people are!!

Steve recently forwarded on an email to me that he received at work.  They (the police department) was made aware that the bomb, drug & police canines serving our country over in Iraq needed toys & treats & they were going to have a Toy & Treat Drive for the Military K9s!!  He said, "we really should donate to this!"

Well of course we should!!  And I bet others would too!!  Soooo....the power of an email to a few people & POOF!!!  Donations!  Donations!!  Donations for these VERY deserving K9s that sniff out bombs & cadavers for their human solider counterparts.  I mean, can you imagine your bully with not one toy or treat??  Of course not!  They have PLENTY and well, no offense, but our bullies have nothing on these K9s! 

I'm happy to say that after I sent the email (with permission from the PD) to a few club member friends, it was approved to mention to members on the SPMBC Facebook page to bring donations to the meeting.  I think I left with 6 bags full of toys that day!!  At the meeting, the club made a VERY generous cash donation to buy toys & treats!  A friend mentioned it to local obedience school that was having a 3-Day Rally/Obedience trial & they put out a box for donations!  Amazing, amazing response!!

Thanks to all who donated!!  We ended up with 4 garbage bags & 1 medium-size box FULL of toys & treats!!  WOW!!  I can't wait for these doggies to get these care packages!  I certainly hope it brings a smile to all their faces!!

Just some of the donations we received to bring in!!

And in case you were wondering... all the toys & treats were given the bully seal of approval!
  
"Oh my goodness..we have a big job to do!"
"Momma, Iz gotta check these out..."
 
"Ok, this is some nice stuff...it's ok to go!"
"Momma-these are ready to go too!"
Thanks again everyone!!  I just KNEW this was going to be something many of my dog friends would want to help with!!  I'm so excited that the PD had such a great response to this!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is great. Kudos to Steve and all the wonderful people that made this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jen...they will be some happy K9's now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the need! Fabulous response and wouldn't have happened without you and Steve! Glad the bullies approve too!

    ReplyDelete