Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wow, a BIG week!

It sure went fast too!!  Came back from the show to trick-or-treaters!  Aren't my helpers the scariest??
It was month end at work this week so I knew I'd be busy & I wanted to get to work early on Wednesday morning.  I was to the park & ride by 7am & was all proud of myself (I like my sleep...and snooze buttons)!  I got out of the front seat & went to the back seat to get my bag.  I normally don't put my bag in the back, but it was very heavy because I had my work laptop in it.  Anyway, so I started getting my bag ready, put the keys away, got my bus card out, etc.

Then I decided I was going to wait in the car for the bus & shut the door & went to the front door...LOCKED!  Back door....LOCKED!  Patted my pocket....oh crud...keys are IN THE BAG!!  Bag is in the BACK SEAT...in the LOCKED car!!!  So is my phone.  And my work computer.  And my...well everything!  Ugh!

So funny how much we rely on our cell phones these days.  I just stood there, frozen...do I break my window?  No, no...but what do I do?  I'm right next to a mall, but it's not open...heck, I don't even have enough money in my pocket to make a phone call...do they even have public phones anymore?  What DID I have in my pocket??  Some tissues (clean), a quarter & a bobby pin.  Hmmm...do I pull a MacGuyver & open the door somehow?

Ah no...instead I head to the bus where people are entering & I stop some nice lady (who must have seen the fear & panic in my eyes) & ask her if she hadaphoneIcouldborrowbecauseIlockedeverythinginmycar...she handed me her phone with NO hesitation at all.

But then I got the phone & I blanked...who was I going to call?  I don't remember anyone's number anymore!  That's what my phone is for!  LOL  Thankfully I remembered my in-laws number & they were up & came to my rescue!!  My father-in-law came to bring me home to get the 2nd set of keys...only to have him get there & I remembered BOTH sets of keys were in the car!  Agggh!!!

All I could do was laugh.  My mother-in-law called for help & within 15 min a lockout service came & 1 hour after I arrived at the park & ride & $80 later, I was on my way to work...on the late bus!  Well, I tried to be early...guess this was just God's way of telling me I should have slept in!

Thankfully the rest of the week went much better and now I'm excited for a no plan weekend!!  Yay!

Special thanks to my heroes Steve & Judy for helping me Wednesday morning!! 

Hope you all had a great week & have an even better weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Holy nightmare! You deserve a wonderful weekend! Enjoy an extra hour of sleep.

    ReplyDelete