Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Doodle Spin On A Classic

Hi Everybully!  It's me, Doc!!  Momma is busy sewing & buying fabrics (she's the only person I know who claps after she leaves a fabric outlet store--true story), so she said I could do a blog post today!!  Well!!  You all are in for quite the post!!

See, I'm what you call an "old soul"...or at least that's what Momma tells me....and I like to think I'm an elder of sorts to Howie & Vivi.  Therefore I'm the resident bully storyteller & today my friends, you are my audience!!

Once upon a time, in a bully kingdom where the winter weather kept both humans & bullies inside, lived a bulldog named Goldilo....err...I mean GoldiDocs.  GoldiDocs was a gentle bully, who enjoyed sitting back & taking in his surroundings.  Some would mistake this for laziness or sleeping, but I assure you, GoldiDocs was always aware of what was going on.

One winter weekend, GoldiDocs found himself bored with his usual place to sit on the couch & was in search of something new.
"Yep, I'm bored.  I'm going to find a new place"

So off went our hero, GoldiDocs, in search of a new place to sit.  GoldiDocs didn't get far before he tested out his first new spot.
"Hmmm...no, this spot is too hard...oops, sorry that's Daddy...(sigh) I...will go find another spot."

GoldiDocs decided to stroll his way down the hall to the a bright & cheerful room.  He was very excited to see it had a chair with a cushion!
"Hmmm...yes, this is much softer than the last spot, but it's much too bright!"

Always the perfectionist, GoldiDocs continued on his way to find the perfect spot.  He happened upon the biggest & cushiest chair in the whole kingdom!  The only problem is that he would have to share the spot.
"That's ok, I don't mind sharing."

Just as GoldiDocs was settling in to the big cushy chair, he saw IT!  THE perfect spot!!  So he immediately headed over there to test it out!
"Ahhh...this is it!  This is the spot!!  Oh...I'm back on the couch...well...I can't help that I don't like change."

So our beloved GoldiDocs finally found his favorite spot with nothing but determination & a hankering for comfort.  And he snoozed happily ever after!

Thanks for reading everybully!!  Hope you enjoyed mine....errrr...I mean GoldiDocs story!!
Love-
Doc

8 comments:

  1. Awww Doc. The couch is my favorite spot too. Hope to meet you someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found that perfect spot!!! It makes a long day so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww Doc....you sill boy!! XOXO to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - I mean Doc, thats a great story! You'd make a great teacher! I'll have to share it with my 3rd graders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc I love your stories!! You are so handsome!! Glad you found a comfy place to take a nappypoo.

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doc...it is so hard to find that perfect spot on the couch-it keeps moving!!
    P.S. your mama isn't the only who claps when she leaves the fabric store-maybe it's just a mama thing???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doc...I am ready for a new story:)

    ReplyDelete