Sunday, January 2, 2011

Since it's MY blog...

I can blog about what I want to right?!!  Right! 

As many of you know, Steve & I are HUGE Disney World fans!  We have been very lucky to travel there almost yearly since 2004!
On some of our trips we have witnessed very special guests having a magical trip just like us.  However, unlike us, they may not have the chance to get another trip.  Not to be a downer, because these trips mean the exact opposite to these special guests!  They are children with life-threatening illnesses who dream of visiting Disney World like most kids do, however with their medical situations it's not as easy as just booking a trip.

Thankfully there are some organizations who help these children & their families!  One of these organizations is called Give Kids the World.  They have been creating magical memories for over 20 years.  GKTW does not just make sure the kids & their families have a great trip, but instead gives them the opportunity to have the most memorable cost-free trip of a lifetime!

GKTW provides accommodations at their resort, donated park tickets, & meals for the children & their families for a week-long trip!!  They have Christmas EVERY week & even allow kids to have ice-cream for breakfast if they want!  After all, it's vacation!  It's all meant to allow these children who have spent too much time in hospitals & doing not-so-fun things to have fun!

This year there is an initiative in the Disney Fan Community to raise $1 million for GKTW.  They are calling it the Power of 10.  If 10,000 Disney fans can get 10 people to donate $10 to GKTW it will reach the goal of $1 million!!  I thought I could use my blog here to reach out & hope at least 10 of you decide to donate $10 to make a magical difference!

All the money raised is going to GKTW & there are a few different ways to donate:

-Text Message - Text the word DISGKTW to 50555. $10 is donated directly to GKTW.  The $10 is charged to your mobile phone bill.

-FirstGiving.com - http://www.firstgiving.com/disgktw - All donations made through this page are sent directly to GKTW, less a 5% processing fee charged by FirstGiving.

-Send a check directly to Give Kids the World. The mailing address is:

Give Kids the World
Power of 10 $1 Million Challenge
210 S Bass Rd
Kissimmee, Florida 34746


Of course no pressure!  Just thought I'd share my love of Disney World to my readers & if I can help in some small way for some child to get to go to Disney World & be able to experience the magic like I have, I will.

Happy New Year Everybully!!

2 comments:

  1. Baby Vivi made me smile.... and Steve in Mickey ears made me chuckle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool pics! It makes me long for Disney! GKTW is an awesome organization. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete