Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our trip

I know this is a bit off topic, as it's not quite bully related, but hey, it's my blog, I can blog what I want to right? We stayed at Disney's Polynesian resort this trip. It was Steve's dream resort & I surprised him with it about 2 weeks before we left...he knew we were going, he just thought we were staying at another resort we've stayed at before. It's kinda my tradition to surprise him with things on our Disney trips...heck, last fall I surprised him with an entire weekend trip...got him time off work & everything! Do I rock or what? :0)

We were magically upgraded from garden view to castle view!! Color me surprised! It was quite the site to see! The photo below is from our balcony & while the little photo here doesn't do it justice, know that it was indeed magical! The castle is to the left of the palm tree & Space Mountain is the white building to the right. Oh & in case you were wondering...they do indeed keep the castle lit all night!! Ok, at least until 3am...which was the latest I stayed up one night.
On our first day of vacay, I actually went to a bulldog specialty show! It was called the Strawbully Cluster put on by the Tampa Bay Bulldog Club. It was fun to see bullies on my Disney vacation...ones that aren't made of Legos I mean (isn't he cute though?).

I even got to meet in person, a fellow bulldogger that I meant on Bulldogs World! Here we are: "Jen in FL" & "Jen Howie, Doc & Vivian's Momma" on BDW. We had a lot of fun watching the show & looking over the bully items for purchase! What's even funnier is that we both had little gifts for each other...maybe it's just in the name, maybe it's for the love of bulldog?! Ok, ok,...it's really cuz we're both just nice people.

It wasn't just Steve & me on our trip. Steve's mom, his sister & her family were also there. Her kids are 6 & 7 & soooo funny! My lord do they make me laugh!
I did take a lot of photos around our resort & also the resort next to ours, the Grand Floridian. Here is a photo of the new marble floor they just installed...do you see Peter Pan, Wendy & the two boys (sorry, don't know their names)? This was just beautiful for a floor I mean...
We went to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. My goal...photos with the characters in costumes! GOAL MET!! Woo hoo!!
I really liked how this photo turned out. It was during the HalloWishes fireworks the night of the party. It's not the best photo I know, but I like how the fireworks are lighting up the castle.
One thing Steve & I have mastered during our trips are self portraits!! I won't bore you with all of those that we took, but here is one of my favorites from our balcony before we checked out.
Well thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed your very brief trip to Disney World!
Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment