Thursday, August 18, 2011

Introducing BOB

This past weekend Vivi & I were in Albert Lea, MN for a dog show.  Ring time was 8am & it's almost 2 hours from my house so it was another EARLY weekend.  (I have reminded myself again that NO ONE but ME is making me get up at 4am for this!)  :0)

Vivi was in rare form Saturday morning as I was grooming her...she was umm...let's say affectionate/dominate to my arm.  Made grooming a little difficult & for some reason was her "dance" of choice the rest of the day??  Not sure why, it's not like she's in heat or anything...remember THAT story??

Anyway, back to BOB.  Vivi & I carpooled with Nancy, her brother Matthew & Bo (Viv's nephew).  It was a nice ride down & we got there in plenty of time to relax ringside....they even brought me a Diet Coke, so you KNOW I was all happy!!

After the boys it's the girls turn to show & we go in & well...here I'll just show you.  Vivi was entered in the Open class for girls.  Not all the girls were ready when we were, so the judge watched Vivi alone & then allowed the other two to come on in.



Yay!  Vivi won the Open class!! 

Now what you say?  Well all the girl class winners go in for what's called Winner's Bitch.  This is where you get the points towards the championship.  Albert Lea was a smaller show, so there were only two girl classes, so there were only 2 girls up for Winner's Bitch.  50/50 shot right?

So in the ring we go....



Yay!  Vivi won Winner's Bitch!  She got 1 more point towards her championship!!  But wait...there's more to a dog show than Winner's Bitch!

After Winner's Bitch has been awarded, then Winner's Bitch & Winner's Dog, along with any other "specials" (sounds like a lunch platter, but actually means a dog that already has his/her championship) go in for Best of Breed.  Since there weren't any specials entered at this show, it was just WD vs WB for Best of Breed.  Wanna watch?


OMG!!  You saw that right!  Vivi got Best of Breed!  So ladies & gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to BOB (Best of Breed)--
hehehehe I bet you all thought there would be a photo of a puppy named Bob in here somewhere didn't you??  And yeah...she's doing exactly what dance you think she's doing in this photo!!  What a nut!

Well I hope you enjoyed seeing our win first...ok secondhand...It was a lot of fun & quite the day!!  Oh that's right...it's not over, but this post is.

Next up...what's after BOB you ask??  Group...ah yes, group. 

5 comments:

  1. Vivi is a special bitch and this win should be no surprise! What a smart judge! My favorite part is when he gave her some commands. Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Otis and StellaAugust 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM

    Congrats Vivi and Jen! You guys look like you have so much fun! I laugh when I see Vivi be such a good girl. i can't even get Stella to walk to the mailbox. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you two! Vivi looked awesome!

    Keep up the great work!!

    Julie M. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME job Vivi and Jen! You both looked fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Vivi and Jen.. Gosh I really wish I would have started showing Pebbles when she was a puppy.

    ReplyDelete