Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ummm...was NOT expecting that!!

WARNING: this post may be WAY too much information...but since I'm kind of using this blog to inform others who haven't been through this before, it needs to be brought to your attention!!

Last night, I was sitting on the couch, enjoying time with my bullies. Vivi was next to me licking Doc, Doc was next to her enjoying being licked, & Howie was in his space enjoying a bone. Ahhh the blissful life of a Bully Momma!

Here I am, petting Vivi, playing with her ears (they're just soooo soft)...when all of a sudden there is this movement next to me. It doesn't occur to me right away what it is...but there it is again...and again...and again. What the?! NO! Uh uh!! NO WAY!!

"Oh no!! We don't do that! Not here! Not on my watch! Uh uh!! We don't hump here kids! No humping!!" Steve was surprised that Doc was humping her as he's been pretty good so far just sniffing her every once in awhile & peeing in the 4 places she pees in the yard every time we go out (she's apparently leaving her scent). Also, Doc has been neutered for almost a year. I said, "it wasn't Doc! Vivi was humping him/me!" Eeewwwww

Yeah, in all the words of bully heat wisdom given to me so far from my so called bully "friends" all of them failed to mention this!! So I think, it is my duty, to tell any & all who read this whether you have a new female bully or not...they will hump while in heat. Apparently, it's normal...ummm this fact would have been good to know yesterday! I mean, I was all concerned about the whole heat cycle thing...you'd THINK this would have come up in some conversation!

Well, at least I know now & at least I'm sharing it with all you fine folks! Aren't you lucky!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Hahahah!! Okay...Holly (who so happens to be spayed) humped my slippers a month or so ago. We were horrified at first, then laughed, then intrigued. She hasn't done it since (that I know of). We are back to laughing, now..:)

    ReplyDelete