Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bulldog Puppy Scam!

Grrr...can I just say how upset I am right now? I found out last night that a friend who is a very ethical & respected bulldog breeder here in Minnesota is now a victim of a puppy scam!! So often I think that the internet is such an amazing thing, but it can also bring out the scum of the earth! I mean to use her name & website to sell puppies that don't exist?! Wow...

Here is what we know so far...someone used her name & website & then posed as her "agent" to sell puppies. Selling puppies also means collecting money of course; and since there was no puppy to ship (which btw my friend does NOT ship puppies anywhere) once the money was received, the person disappeared....however, the new bully owner who sent the money was waiting for their puppy at the airport! This person would even show photos from my friend's site leading people to think this whole scam was legitimate!!

How awful is that? I mean, I've heard of these things before, but to know someone I'm close to is a now victim of such a thing? She had NO idea any of this was going on & only by happenstance was it just brought to her attention. Lord only knows how long this has been going on!!

Another bully breeder friend of mine has a great buyer beware page on her site. I recommend ANYONE who is thinking of getting a bulldog (or any dog for that matter) to read this! It's very important to do all your homework when it comes to buying a puppy; otherwise you, too, may fall victim of a puppy scam!

No comments:

Post a Comment