Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's the little things

Today I read a post on a bully forum I frequent & someone, who unexpectedly lost her bulldog recently, said that not having a bully is torture. And you know? She' s right. When Ollie passed it was so hard & not only because he was gone, but because we'd remember all sorts of little sounds he'd do that were also gone.
Silence is torture after you lose a bully. I missed the snoring the most. I missed the "talking" too. Lastly, I missed the barks.

Thankfully, I'm catching up on all the silence I missed while we were waiting on Howie, Doc & Vivi to enter our lives! Last night we came home & after I got out of the car I heard the lovely sounds of 3 bullies barking in their room!! One would think you'd get annoyed by barking, but when you know what it's like when it's gone, you don't mind it one bit!!
Something as simple as a bark can really make you smile! So next time your bully barks & you're annoyed, just remember silence is torture & embrace the bark! I bet it makes you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment