Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why not Doc?

Some of you may be asking, why I don't walk Doc every morning like I do Vivi (& will now have to do Howie). Well, it's simple really...he's not much of a walker! He's more like a dragger & honestly, that's not how I want to start my mornings & it's not how I want to have his experience with walks.


Plus, every road in our city is under construction & he has very sensitive feet. He doesn't like anything but grass or debris free roads under his feet. I had a very hard time walking him this winter when the roads would thaw & then refreeze...it was so painful for him.


So, Doc does get walks, just not in the mornings before work! Sometimes you just have to pick your battles & understand what your bully does/doesn't, will/won't do...and if that is not a quick walk in the morning, so be it! Afterall, he is a bully...and they can be (GASP) stubborn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment