Wednesday, December 8, 2010

O' (no) Christmas Tree, O' (no) Christmas Tree

This week we have a new addition to the Blue Line house....a Christmas tree.  For five years I didn't put one up for one reason or another.

2005--Ollie's first Christmas....hmmm...let's not test it.
2006--Ollie's second Christmas...it was so easy last year.
2007--Howie's first Christmas...he's just a puppy...plus we have that new sectional...where would we put the tree??
2008--Going to Disney World for 10 days...let's not put it up.
2009--3 bullies & a tree..it's just so much easier NOT to put it up.

It's not that I don't love Christmas or the decorations or even putting up the tree.  It's the taking it down that is such a pain & quite honestly, it's so refreshing NOT to have to worry about making time to take it down.  And our tree is HUGE, it's a beautiful, huge artificial tree that I love, and really with the way the living room is set up, I have no where to put it.  I know, I know, bah humbug right?

Well this year I apparently wanted the gasps of "you didn't put up a treee?!" comments to stop.  So I went to my beloved Target & got a "skinny" tree!  He'll fit in the living room!  He came in 3 pieces & best of all, he's up!

What's funny/sad...is that I moved the living room furniture all around to get this "skinny" tree in & I could have put the HUGE tree up in that same space....had I just thought about moving the furniture...duh Jenny.  Oh well, I figured it out now & Skinny Tree is up & decorated!  Didn't happen without some help though!
Doc & Howie checking out the Skinny Tree
Vivi just sitting back, taking in the huge mess of a living room I made...
Howie checking out the ornaments
Doc too...
"Momma...you REALLY are making a mess...."
But look!  Skinny Tree is done & beautiful...and the kitties are the ones who won't leave it alone!  LOL

3 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! We have that bulldog ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone know where I can find that ornament? It'd make the perfect gift for my girlfriend. I did a few quick google searches, but came up empty. I also looked through your site, bluelinebulldogs.com, and some of the linked vendors, without success. I'd appreciate any hints.

    Thank you,

    Dan Glad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks beautiful!

    AND Happy Birthday to You!!! 12-11-10 Hey, numbers gal....that's a cool birthday date!! :))))

    ReplyDelete