Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wow! The power of a bully blog!

So a couple weeks ago I posted about my niece Destin & her quest to end Type I diabetes.  I thought, well it can't hurt to post something about the upcoming walk for Juvenile Diabetes & her pledge link.  I figured maybe someone would read it, little did I think anyone would actually donate. 

So to each & every one of you who took the time to read the post & especially those who donated to Destin's JDRF walk....THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!  She has officially made her goal!  I can't thank you enough for doing that!  It's with your help  research can be done to hopefully one day make Destin no longer dependent on insulin.

Destin's walk is this coming Saturday at the Mall of America.  It's always a huge turnout with many families wearing "team" shirts, walking with big groups...it's very impressive to see loads of people there to support the cause...and more than likely...at least one family member.

Who would have thunk it...a bully blog can be powerful against diabetes!!  So thank you friends, even though we may have never met in person, I love that you helped this cause...in essence my niece!

Love you all & thanks again!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment