Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ahhh Disney Memories...

Ok, ok, I KNOW I just got back 6 days ago & while it is super nice out here today, I can't help but remember how last week at this time I was wearing flip flops & now I'm wearing mittens!! Brrr!! Other than my bullies, the only thing that gets me through the winters is my Disney memories!! That's probably why I take a lot of photos!!
Anyway, this walk down (last week's) memory lane got me thinking of what I do to save/earn money for Disney...and I thought I'd share with you. I like to save all the money I earn in the year's garage sales & put that money in a my Disney fund envelope. Sometimes I'll even add to that envelope with any $1 bills that I have in my wallet...that adds up fast! If I sell anything on eBay, I'll put that in the envelope too! However, my favorite way I earn money for Disney is rewards sites!

I found out about rewards sites a few years ago on a Disney forum I frequent. I was very skeptical at first & couldn't believe that these places were legit. I did ask a few members questions like do you really get paid & is this for real?? When I got the answers I was surprised that it WAS for real! Since then I've made over $1500 in real honest to goodness money!! I get paid by Disney Gift Cards, but let's face it...that's still honest to goodness money!!
My favorite site is Sunshine Rewards (SR). I've been doing SR for almost 3 years & it's where I've made the majority of my rewards money. SR is a rewards site where you earn money back if you shop online through their links, doing online surveys & other offers. Every penny counts and it adds up!! SR allows you to cash out for many different kinds of gift cards (Target, Disney, Home Depot, Outback...just to name a few). You can even cash out for a deposit into your PayPal account!

It can be quite addictive, but in the long run, the more time you put into SR the more money you'll get out of it. It can be a little confusing when you are first starting out, but they have their own set of forums that explain how it works & tips & tricks! The forums are a great way to learn more about the site, see the special shopping offers & even the newest merchants!

One of the newer merchants SR has is probably the merchant I've been the most excited about! It's called Mouse Unlimited & it's a travel agency where you can book your Disney trip & EARN MONEY BACK on it if you're a SR member!! How great is that? This is the first travel agency I know of that you can earn money back on your Disney trips & believe me, I've looked!!

The owners of Mouse Unlimited are huge Disney fans & SR members themselves so they know how important Disney trips AND money back in your SR account are! Many SR members have already used Mouse Unlimited to get a quote or book their upcoming trips & the overwhelming response has been that Mouse Unlimited has EXCELLENT customer service!! They also have a blog where they post up-to-date Disney info so they are much more than just a Disney travel agency, they are a Disney resource site too!

Anyway, just thought I'd share some of my money saving tips today & don't forget Sunshine Rewards isn't just Disney Gift Cards...but that's what I'll use it for...it's also a place to make great friends! Afterall, it was the Sunshine friends that I went to Disney with last weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So true, Jen! I booked our December trip through Mouse Unlimited on SR and will get $21 back on the Disney portion, not to mention the $6 back for booking my flights through Orbitz. And of course we can't forget all the spending I'll be doing with cash back at Target.com to get stuff to use *on* the trip, lol. SR Rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I have earned over $2800 on SR and 90% of it has gone to Disney trips! It's awesome buying things I already need and getting an SR kickback!

    It was great to run into you at the Magic Kingdom- just wish we could have chatted longer!

    ReplyDelete