Saturday, June 5, 2010

No "deer in headlights" stare here!

While the ride up here was uneventful, it's amazing how fast 4 hours can really go when you talk about bulldogs nearly the whole time!  LOL!!  That's one thing I love most about going to shows with my bulldog friends....we all talk the same language....one that produces blank "deer in headlights" stares to many non-bulldoggers....I get the same response a lot of the time when I start talking Disney World to people too!!

It's a lot of fun to go to shows out of town because you meet up with so many people you normally wouldn't.  I get to sit back & listen to people who have been in the breed for YEARS & here I am a total newbie trying to let it all sink in.  While I may be getting better at what I know I like & what I know I don't in a bulldog & even can speak (correctly) about toplines, bone, layback, pigment & tail set; yet there is still so much I have to learn & going to these shows is a big part of the learning.

You think you're all just talking bulldogs, but to me it's an impromptu Bulldog 101 session.  And I love it.

So thank you to all the bulldoggers out there who I've had the pleasure of showing with!  Whether you knew it or not, you've all taught me something!

Oh & yeah, how did we do in Fargo you may ask...well, let's just say today Vivi's ribbon matched her!!  LOL  (4th-white ribbon!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment